Sunday, April 29, 2007

Heeeeeres Johnny!

So, it's been a while now... Well, I HAVE been busy, doing things... Honest!

Things are going really slow now, I think I have a bit of writer's block... Speaking of writers block, I watched that movie "Stranger than fiction" recently, the one starring Will Ferrell, Dustin Hoffman, Emma Thompson and that Gyllenhal chick... I really liked it, but what REALLY got me hooked was the watch that featured through out the movie...
I'm such a sucker for everything, I completely fell in love with it and after successfully locating it via wikipedia (gotta love wiki!) i actually bought it from a shop in the States (you have to remember that I live in Australia) so I was mighty impressed after that.
I have to admit that I love eBay'ing, but so far I've never ventured further than buying things from Australia, bar one chance thing I bought from the UK.
I should arrive later this week, so we'll see.

Being the video game nerd that I am (I only own four games really) I recently felt like I was born again (not in a religious way mind you!!), I got my eager mittens on a game for the PlayStation 3 called Oblivion(well, the real name is Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion, but it sounds way hardcore for me), yes Oblivion... Where do you start... I guess the best way to give an idea is to imagine Lord of The Rings, the setting and the 'milieu', IE. the environment; middle ages-ish. You can walk anywhere you want, do anything you want (to a reasonable certain extent of course!). Now, I usually have the patience of a five year old, but I actually found myself glued, and this is pretty scary, for an entire day... I think i played a good ten hours without break... To say that you get immersed is like saying Amanda Vanstone likes the odd cake on the side... Once you start, you really have a hard time stopping...

Anyway, no more droning about games! Great game, full stop.

Was out the other night, bemusing myself with my mates fruitless attempt(or lack of) to chat to this girl he saw... Funny thing here is that no matter how hard the ice is to break, one can never remember that first meeting in detail, could be in my case I've always been so inebriated and just were lucky ;)

Anyho, that's all for this time...
See yous!

Niklas

No comments: