Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Toto, I've got a feeling we're not in Kansas anyore.

Today was interesting...

Recently got the new PS3, yay what a nerd I am ;) Managed to hook it up top the internet where I played and had great fun...

Thing is though, sitting there in the convenience of my own home, killing people from all over the world (AND you get to taunt them by using a headset (headphone+mic)), it sort of struck me; the things we do for global peace! If we don't kill each other in real life, why not just simulate it instead!

I'm not saying I dislike it, I think it's great fun to empty the entire magazine of an assault rifle in to a 14 year old kid's (I dare say that's the average age of the video game players) head or to blow a dead persons body to kingdom come with a rocket launcher or why not fry them alive with a flame thrower. Give me a weapon and the world's my oyster!

After having flogged more people than I care to remember and eventually forced myself to stop(I'm already thinking of ways to avenge my countless deaths) the day took a turn for the better! Although I did know it was coming...

Anyway, in the evening I was invited to a movie screening...
That was an interesting experience, couldn't give a toss about the movie. But the people! There was every kind of movie buff stereotype there. Sure, I admit, I am one too, but these guys would put anyone considering themselves one to shame!! I'm talking knitted sweatshirts, turtle necks, berets, the whole damn kit and kaboodle!

And hey presto! That's all for today...

Coming up tomorow, 'same same, but different'!

No comments: