Sunday, August 26, 2007

"Of all the gin joints in all the towns in all the world, she walks into mine."

Yay, I actually wrote two posts in the SAME week... Amazing...

So, I got a new computer right and as you know I'm Swedish, which means that my family lives in Sweden and I don't get to see them very often...

I somewhat solved that little issue a short while ago by buying a web camera, which I use together with the MSN messenger, and voila, they can both hear and see me! Albeit a little jerky quality of the video and sound quality (being the god forsaken internet's damn slow speeds fault). But hey presto! It does work but unfortunately they neither have camera or microphone (tight asses!) so I can only have a one side conversation with them (I'm speaking directly into the lens of the camera and get no response, which takes a little getting used to) whilst waiting for them to type their reply.
This means the conversation is only as fast as it takes them to type... So when you talk to your mother, it can take a loooong time... No offense folks!

Another thing to is that we're so fortunate to have the APEC meeting here in a few weeks time which is going to clog everything up. If it's not protesters, it'll be the police or what not... I'm just going to stay out of that let them have their fun...

Peace out!

1 comment:

Sibylla Seger said...

Hej min älskade bror. Du är duktig på att skriva...så det var av dig jag fick talangen ;-).

Keep up the good job. Min blogg finner du på: cameliadamen.blogspot.com

Kyss